Employee Spotlight: Melanie Liong, Customer Success SpecialistDecember 23, 2020
Before onboarding with V3 Smart Technologies, Customer Success Specialist Melanie Liong, was working on board a plane as a flight attendant with SIA. Now, with her well-honed service background, she will assist our team to ensure that customers are receiving satisfactory support, and are getting the full benefits from our solutions.
In the following interview, we speak to Melanie about her transition to the new role at V3, what keeps her motivated, what she enjoys doing most in a service job, and some fun facts about herself.
1. How similar/different is your previous role at SIA compared to your new role at V3?
Melanie: I used to be a “Singapore Girl”. As a cabin crew, my duty was to present the airline in the very best light at all times and my role was to ensure the safety of the passengers and to provide excellent service to them onboard. My previous role is similar to my current role at V3 in that both are about meeting the needs of the customers. At V3, I will attend to its customers and address their queries and issues with regard to V3’s services and products. At the same time, I will take the opportunity to build good rapport with them as well.
2. What interests you about working in the tech sector?
Melanie: Technology is gradually replacing manual labour to a large extent. As a business student, it amazes me how technology can play a big part in connecting the world and how it is able to assist people in their work in the long run.
3. What made you decide to work at V3?
Melanie: What I like about V3’s solutions is how they are able to help businesses achieve digitalisation and also automate their processes to make work more efficient. I find their range of solutions very interesting and meaningful, and hope to learn more and do my part in contributing to the success of the company.
4. What do you enjoy doing most in a customer-centric role?
Melanie: I enjoy talking to people, and meeting people from all walks of life. As an empathetic person, I will always be putting others first. During my previous employment, I would always go the extra mile to help a friend, and to ensure that the passengers gain a positive experience through my service.
5. What is your biggest achievement to date – personal or professional?
Melanie: I am still in the process of progressing myself to build a long-term career, and I hope to see myself achieve this in the next 5 years in V3. On a personal level, I gained a lot of experience in SIA and I feel that it made me grow more mature and independent as a person.
6. What is a motto or personal mantra that motivates you?
Melanie: I have two quotes which I look to for motivation:
- “Do for others just what you want them to do for you.”
- “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson.
7. Did you pick up a new hobby or interest during Covid-19? Or, do you have anything interesting or a goal (personal or professional) you’re planning to pursue?
Melanie: Just like many Singaporeans, I was spending more time in the kitchen. I learned how to make a tiramisu cake after trying for a couple of times. Although it was not kind of fantabulous, at least I was able to customise it to my liking – by adding a lot of Baileys!
8. What’s a fun fact about you many people may not know?
Melanie: This might not be common, but I am allergic to kiwi!